Businesses in New York City Trust Support Tech for Ransomware Protection
Staying safe from ransomware is a complex, full-time job.
We will help ensure it’s done right.
Ransomware attacks have made international headlines by crippling computers and networks at major companies, institutions, and government agencies. These attacks have damaged infrastructure, harmed businesses, and cost billions of dollars in damage and lost productivity.
The threat is getting worse. The number of ransomware variants grew by 30-fold in 2016, while new technologies are making it possible to build and deploy new undetectable strains of ransomware with the click of a mouse. The rate and variety of ransomware attacks is predicted to increase rapidly in 2017, driven by the unprecedented level of profit these attacks are generating for cyber criminals.
Being prepared for a ransomware attack is a time-consuming challenge, and the chances are your business is not ready. A poll by market intelligence firm Osterman Research found that only 4% of respondents in the US indicated their organizations were very confident in their ability to prevent a ransomware attack. Are you in the 96% who could use some help? If so, it’s time to partner with a team of skilled network security professionals and get proactive about the threat ransomware poses to your business.
Support Tech manages thousands of workstations and servers in the greater New York City area, and can proudly say that none of them have fallen victim to a ransomware attack. How did we do it? By implementing an aggressive network security strategy for our clients that includes:
- Software Security Updates - Proactive patching and updating all your software and applications to close vulnerabilities
- Enterprise Anti-Virus Applications - Deployment of a robust anti-virus software solution, that’s configured to most effectively protect your network and data
- Data Recovery Solutions - Disaster recovery and data backup solutions help guarantee network uptime and business continuity if ransomware or other malware should strike
- Client Education - Education is key to helping our clients understand the latest in network security best practices and minimizing human error
- Cyber Security Insurance - We have cyber security insurance and help clients purchase their own insurance for maximum protection and better peace of mind
The best defense against ransomware is preparedness. Having a team of professional security experts with a stellar track record working to protect you is the best way to avoid becoming an unfortunate ransomware statistic.
Read our blog post: "Ransomware: Understanding the Threat to New York City Businesses and Networks" to learn more.